So you’re about your put your house on the market and you want to sell quickly for the highest price you can get. I totally get it.
I’ve helped thousands of home sellers prepare their houses to sell over the last 15 years and I’ve sold 4 of my own homes during that time so I definitely know what home improvements make the biggest difference.
In today’s video, we’re going to discuss the Interior and in upcoming videos, we’ll address the exterior, the kitchen and then the bathrooms since those are the rooms that can make or break a sale.
1. Update light fixtures
2. Retrofit LED trim on recessed lights
3. Eliminate multiple flooring changes – try to keep one or two styles throughout, i.e. wood flooring or tile and carpet
4. Upgrade baseboards – the taller the more impressive
5. Paint interior walls, doors and trim
6. Replace or upgrade door knobs
7. Replace / upgrade door hinges (make sure they’re the same) and not painted over
8. Remove old and dated window coverings – when in doubt, do without.
9. Get an Inspection
10. Address any repairs in inspection